* Game is installed by Steam.
* Starts up and launches.
* Intro sequence runs nicely.
* Terrain, clouds, base components, tethers and crash sites appear to render correctly.
* Sounds generally work, though there is occasionally some odd pauses.
* Research scanner effects.
* Terrain dig, build, and flatten effects and key bindings.
* Base platforms and building resource tooltips and buttons.
* Tethers line and oxygen+power movement. Ambient light from tethers no longer shows brightly, but there have been game changes in that area recently.
* Rover vehicle physics.
* Storm visual and sound effects.
What does not
Rendering of alien 'plants' is incomplete. These were also not rendering in earlier wine versions, but I did not notice because they were completely invisible! now some glitter and smoke decorations on them do, so the missing objects are more obvious.
Details from earlier report might still apply, I did not play for very long this time:
Occasionally connecting to tethers causes the tank filling sound effect to enter a quick loop of repeats that can be very annoying.
Opening the tool or similar action that causes some alternative effect to happen generally ends the loop.
Hung for a minute and crashed once, after a relatively fast camera movement to scan entire horizon and sky.
Given the games alpha stage, these might be issues in the game code rather than wine.
What was not tested
* Interplanetary travel.
* Newer terrain tool adapters.
* Advanced technology research and items. Without the plants to get research from it is hard to make progress in the game.
* Heat-seeking boxes of doom. Only one storm encountered today and it seemed to have no boxes (maybe missed my character, or maybe not rendering some objects seemed to get moved as if hit but nothing visible).
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 15 2019||4.1-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Royce Remer|
|Current||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||Jul 22 2017||2.12-staging||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Amos Jeffries|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||Jun 16 2017||2.10-staging||Yes||Yes||Silver||Amos Jeffries|
|Show||Fedora 24 x86_64||Dec 21 2016||2.0-rc1||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Darren Poulson|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Dec 16 2016||2.0-rc1||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Jinks|