The latest version of Star Wars: The Old Republic
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||7.22|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
Everything works! Been running this release for several weeks and have tested all aspects of the game. This latest release of Wine has been the most stable for me in all my testing.
What does not
So, I encountered three problems with the game on my modern iMac. Fortunately, the problems are very, very minor.
1. Brightness is too dark.
2. Brightness resets upon exiting.
3. Game will sometimes lock-up/crash.
4. Installation won't work as others have reported.
1. I had to tweak the .ini file and set the GammaRamp to 1.4 to get a decent brightness.
2. If I re-select my resolution in the game settings and apply, correct brightness goes into effect.
3. The crash appears related to SWTOR's memory issues [which are also prevalent in Windows, too]. To prevent crashes, I prefer starting SWTOR when my Mac is freshly booted. Or, run a memory cleaner like Doctor Cleaner just before starting the game. Do not run any apps in the background. The game does not crash for me in this case.
4. Installation can be done the ways others have reported, but I used PlayonMac to install.
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||macOS 12 "Monterey"||Dec 05 2022||7.22||Yes||No||No||Garbage||Shaun Carter|
|Show||Fedora 33 x86_64||Dec 26 2020||6.0-rc3-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||aililoh|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jun 28 2020||5.9-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||spyrou007|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Dec 21 2019||4.21||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Ewan|
|Show||Fedora 31 x86_64||Nov 27 2019||4.20-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||John Bach|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|41356||Multiple applications and games need support for szOID_NIST_sha* OIDs in crypt32 (The Crew (Uplay), Star Wars The Old Republic, PSNow v9.0.5)||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|43469||Star Wars the old republic give an error message and exits after latest update||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|47034||Star Wars The Old Republic - Certificate Authentication Failed with wine-dev 4.6 (regression)||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|49011||Multiple games and applications cause wineserver crash in Wine 5.7||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|49515||Star Wars: The Old Republic unable to patch on Debian but works on Mint||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|50163||Multiple applications crash with a stack overflow (Mod Organizer 2, World of Tanks, SWTOR, Audacity)||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|50164||SWTOR crash during splash screen with 5.22 - thread blocked||CLOSED||DUPLICATE||View|
|50300||Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) crashes in wine 5.22 but works in previous wine versions (ex. wine 5.5)||CLOSED||DUPLICATE||View|
|50301||Star Wars:The old republic's launcher crashes||UNCONFIRMED||View|
With wine 6.0 staging everything works fine, but you may need to run:
winetricks d3dcompiler_47 d3dx9_41
Comments for this application have been disabled because there are no maintainers.