The digital distribution of the game available from GOG (www.gog.com).
1. Instant Action (ground battles, space battles, hero battles).
2. Galactic Conquest.
5. Music and sound.
6. Mouse locks properly to the window while in a virtual desktop.
The gameplay as a whole seems to be perfectly functional, as per running the Steam release on WINE or using an actual windows machine.
What does not
1. Booting from a working directory other than GameData causes the game to crash upon startup.
2. When using CSMT, in-engine cutscenes stutter very badly (both video and audio), and as a result are unwatchable.
It's worth noting that long loading times effect this version of the game, similar to the Steam version.
What was not tested
1. Online multiplayer nor LAN multiplayer.
2. Clean wineprefixes nor 64-bit wineprefixes.
3. Running the game outside of a vritual desktop.
4. Extended playtime (each testing session was fairly short).
Seems to run as well as any other version, except with the need for a minor workaround to launch the game. When running the game from a working directory other than "../GOG Games/Star Wars - Battlefront 2/GameData/", the game experiences a crash upon startup. This is quite easy to work around by either manually launching the game or creating a script to do so, with commands of the form of: cd "/path/to/GOG Games/Star Wars - Battlefront 2/GameData" wine BattlefrontII.exe The desktop icon can then be modified to run the script, at which point the game can then be launched like normal. CSMT must be disabled for in-game cutscenes to play properly. With it enabled, they stutter very heavily. Long loading times are experienced. This is no issue for offline play, but reports on the Steam version report that this may prevent online multiplayer from working (due to server time-outs). System specifications: WINE: wine-staging 2.7-1 CPU: Intel i5-3470 running at 3.6GHz RAM: 16GB mixed set GPU: Nvidia GTX-760 2GB (Driver version 378.13-6. Disk: PNY 240GB SSD
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 12 2019||3.21-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Alano Terblanche|
|Show||Fedora 26 x86_64||Sep 30 2017||2.17||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Odisej|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||May 05 2017||2.7||Yes||Yes||Gold||Maxwell|