Released in 2012.
I only tested notation using computer keyboard.
It works fine for the following settings:
* Standard keyboard or laptop keyboard
* Duration before pitch or Pitch before duration
* The Audio engine can be Pulseaudio(MME) or Wine Sound Mapper(MME) or Primary Sound
All the menu functions I tested are working (a few of them I never use).
Nearly all keyboard shortcuts are working fine.
Playback works fine with Sibelius 7 First Sounds. All articulations response.
All the included example scores open properly and plays well.
Exporting to PDF and Exporting to audio file work fine
Mixer works fine, all the settings response.
Saved .sib files are compatible with Windows and Mac.
What does not
A couple of keyboard shortcuts are not working or not working as designed
* Alt + click need to be Alt + Shift + click (to copy to where you click)
* Ctrl + Alt + up/down arrow (select highest/lowest note on next staff) is not working
* Ctrl + Alt + Shift+ up/down arrow (Move in larger steps) is not working
* Ctrl + Alt + Shift + left/right arrow (Move in larger steps) is not working
It appears that the combination of Ctrl + Alt shortcut does not work for certain function.
What was not tested
Since both 32 bit and 64 bit of Sibelius 7 First are included in the installation DVD, and Wine is still 32 bit, I think what I am testing is a 32 bit version of the said software. The current version of Sibelius / First are all in 64 bit. So I am not able to test them. Admin note: rating changed to conform to the rating definitions.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 09 2017||2.0.1||Yes||Yes||Silver||Su YANG|