JUNE 28 - BIGNIC
- tried adding driver hints for nVidia and AMD GPU's so that the game will actually run on performance GPU instead of picking the integrated one...
- fixed: if doctore is fired and rehired, the count of what he's learned has not been reset in stats - so player may be awarded an achievement for researching all of the techniques even if they only got half way through, twice!
- fixed: gladiator info > training levels showing up with decimal points
- fixed: gladiators still running around with 0HP again (actually 0.49 or something HP, just looked like zero)
- fixed: gladiators can not be damaged if they are standing outside of the arena, waiting for battle.
- fixed: Endless Mode difficulty curve now matches regular game for the first 364 days (users reported it was just too difficult at the start)
- crowd reactions have been reworked so that they shouldn't take so much CPU (ie: in final battle when 15 dudes swing and hit another 15 dudes, the audio bugs out because the crowd is trying to cheer so damn much they break they universe.)
- cursed weapon card was OP so rather than make it less OP I just made it 4x more rare. Because I can.
- cursed weapon card was OP so eventually I just caved and made it less OP - attacks are now 50% to 250% dmg (used to be 0% to 500% dmg)
- training levels are now hard clamped at 200 - strength training will still increase HP.
- ai skill rewards for an individual victory over another gladiator have been dialed back slightly
- ai skill / meditation is now 50% slower (was still getting maxed out too early)
- Jupiter's Blessings that level up training faster are not stackable any more
AI isnt reacting to attacks with defense enough (and is reacting with rolls too often)
TLDR: roll-happy behaviour dialed back, defensive/blocking behaviour has been FIXED/enabled for dudes high in turtle characteristic, or just high in AI skill overall.
PROBLEM: if a gladiator launches an attack with 2 skipped frames (no warmup/warning frames because he is highly skilled) then the first instant that an AI can even detect an attack is when its too late (the animation frame where the collision has already happened.)
SOLUTION: maximum starting frame advance for any attack animation is now capped at 1.5 frames rather than 2.0
PROBLEM: I am already attacking when I see an opponent attacking me - I cant interrupt my attack so even though I'm TURTLE, my attack has blocked me from being able to defend myself.
SOLUTION: allow gladiators high in turtle characteristic to interrupt attack animations (as though they had the defensive priority card mounted!)
The result of fixing these two problems is an AI system that seems to handle quite differently so... this could be good or bad depending on if you really liked the old play style. Additionally, it exposes two other areas that probably need balancing:
since TURTLE can now get out of an attack that was already launched if he wishes to DEFEND
it seems reasonable that an EVASIVE/ROLLY dude would be able to exit out of an attack if he wanted to ROLL
since TURTLE and EVASIVE/ROLLY can get out of attacks should we leave it such that AGGRO can't get out of attacks - doesn't seem fair
thus: as AI skill is maxed, then there is an increasingly greater chance of being able to interrupt an attack to defend an incoming strike.
Personally, I think this brings the simulation more organic/natural fight feeling, imo -- I really like that I can finally hear the BLOCK sounds triggering because the AI is actually able to defend himself reasonably often now.
Everything appears to be fully functional
What does not
What was not tested
Have not played through the entire game
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 17.04 "Zesty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 30 2017||2.11-staging||Yes||Yes||Platinum||John Clark Fisher|