latest available version. development stoped, but download still possible
1. Download setupLDD-PC-4_3_10.exe from LEGO, rename it to .zip and extract LDDSetup.exe
2. copy extracted LDDSetup.exe to /tmp
3. if on a 64-Bit machine use a 32-Bit WINEARCH Ask Ubuntu about 32-Bit Wine
You may need to start with an empty .wine
It must not complain about 64 Bit.
Follow the dialogs (disable Automatic Updates). Flash will be installed two times, don't worry!
LDD now is basically working. If you wan't to get more out of it:
This will make all available bricks red, but you'll have more working bricks ...
6. backup ldraw.xml from installation path
7. download ldraw.xml 4.40 from here and copy it to the installation path, replacing the installed file.
creating 3d lego models
viewing 3d model
create building instructions (page 1 missing pictures)
html export (opened in linux browser)
What does not
seems to be working completly, but I'm not fully familiar with this software
What was not tested
Only tested with wine 1.6 from Ubuntu.
NOT tested with wine version named in the form. appdb.WineHQ forced me to enter wrong data.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 29 2017||2.0.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||LDD User|