New to this version:
- You can interact with switches in the cockpit with the mouse (alt key).
- Calculation of the daylight cycle of the scenery.
- Simulation load progress bar
- Dynamic lighting of the scene by vehicle headlights
- Introduction of reflected light specular reflections
Everything. You can play out of the box.
What does not
What was not tested
Texts are coded in ISO-8859-2 (Central Europe). You must change system locale to display texts correctly. But you must do this even whith a real Windows.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||Jul 30 2017||2.12-staging||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Manuel|
Some settings are needed to start the game:
- You must change keyboard layout, US or Polish. Other layouts, i.e spanish, don't work.
- You must install Polish locale (pl_PL.ISO.8859-2) in your system (only the first time). In Ubuntu you can install it in "Language support". In Arch Linux: https://wiki.archlinux.org/ind...
- You must set Polish locale prior to load the game with wine.
- You must change keyboard type rate to 200 milliseconds. With this setting the brake lever in the game moves faster.
With this script you can set all this settings before starting the game:
xset r rate 200 # set keyboard type rate to 200 miliseconds
setxkbmap us # set US keyboard, spanish keyboard doesn't works well
LC_ALL=pl_PL.ISO-8859-2 wine RAINSTED.exe # set polish locale and start RAINSTED
# set all things as they are
xset r rate