Current Twitch Desktop App version. This version has more than addons management : voice&video communication, chat, game overlay, twitch integration, ...
- The GUI and most parameters seem to work
- World of Warcraft addons installation and sync (I symlinked my wow folder from another prefix in TwitchApp prefix).
- Games installation, and running the installed games.
What does not
- Videos are very choppy and have no sound.
- dotnet40 was needed for the program to install.
- dotnet46 was needed for "My Games" tab to show up.
Since you cannot install both with winetricks, install only dotnet46
What was not tested
I also tried wine-staging, it makes no difference that I could see.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Sep 26 2019||4.16-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Bronze||Jon Blackham|
|Show||macOS Mojave 10.14||Sep 18 2019||4.0.2||No||Not installable||No||Garbage||Gnat Buoy|
|Show||openSUSE Leap 15.0||May 19 2019||4.7-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alberto|
|Current||Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" x86_64||Jul 14 2018||3.12||Yes||Yes||Yes||Bronze||evilny0|
|Show||Linux Mint 19.0 Tara||Jul 13 2018||3.12||Yes||No||No||Garbage||Lance Gable|
This application currently needs dotnet40 to be installable. Install with winetricks :
winetricks -q dotnet40
If you need the "My Games" tab, dotnet40 is not enough, but dotnet46 works :
winetricks -q dotnet46
Note that both versions are mutually exclusive, so you should probably install dotnet46.