Current Twitch Desktop App version. This version has more than addons management : voice&video communication, chat, game overlay, twitch integration, ...
- The GUI and most parameters seem to work
- World of Warcraft addons installation and sync (I symlinked my wow folder from another prefix in TwitchApp prefix).
- Games installation, and running the installed games.
What does not
- Videos are very choppy and have no sound.
- dotnet40 was needed for the program to install.
- dotnet46 was needed for "My Games" tab to show up.
Since you cannot install both with winetricks, install only dotnet46
What was not tested
I also tried wine-staging, it makes no difference that I could see.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Aug 10 2020||5.14||Yes||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Benjamin Stürz|
|Show||Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 09 2020||5.13||Yes||Yes||No||Garbage||Aidan Rayner|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Mar 23 2020||5.4||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||tinywrkb|
|Show||Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 06 2020||5.0-rc4-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Bluely|
This application currently needs dotnet40 to be installable. Install with winetricks :
winetricks -q dotnet40
If you need the "My Games" tab, dotnet40 is not enough, but dotnet46 works :
winetricks -q dotnet46
Note that both versions are mutually exclusive, so you should probably install dotnet46.