The remastered version. Since only the latest release will ever be supported, this version tracks latest (much like StarCraft II).
The game installs. So far I am not able to launch the game.
What does not
Was not able to test anything but installing the game.
What was not tested
Only installing the game through the Blizzard app was tested.
Ubuntu 17.04 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK104M [GeForce GTX 880M] (rev a1) NVIDIA binary driver -- version 375.66 from nvidia-375 HD Graphics WINE prefix 64 bit
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian 10.x "Buster"||Oct 09 2020||5.18-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Fefu|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 26 2020||5.6-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Anton Johansson|
|Show||Gentoo Linux||Apr 08 2020||5.5||Yes||No||No||Garbage||Teodoro Maximilian|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Oct 31 2019||4.18-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||nva|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" i386 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 09 2018||3.13-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Darin Miller|
These instructions were tested on Ubuntu 17.04 with 64 bit WINE 2.14 Staging.
0. Follow the links to find how to get WINE Staging for your OS
1. Run winecfg and set the Windows version to Windows XP.
2. Use winetricks to install corefonts vcrun2005 vcrun2008 vcrun2015.
winetricks corefonts vcrun2005 vcrun2008 vcrun2015
3. Install the Blizzard App.
4. Once the Blizzard App has been installed, open the Blizzard App and login with your account.
5. From within the Blizzard App select Starcraft from along the left menu, then click the install button.
6. Once installed, Starcraft Remastered should launch and run just fine.
To avoid the game crashing immediately at start-up, just set the windows version to Windows 2003.