Stand alone version from developer' site or STEAM version
- Installation with the stand alone .exe file
- Launching the game
What does not
The Steam version don't work anymore: the game is extremely long to launch and it finishes with a black screen...
For the stand alone version, you need to install d3dx9_35.dll with winetricks to prevent some graphical glitches.
What was not tested
The X52 saitek joystick don't work out of the box with the game. There is some problem with wine and the game's DirectInput system. A workaround is to create an empty text file named "deviceinputold.txt" in the main game folder (where the "EvochronLegacy.exe" file is). The game will then use an older input system, allowing the joystick to work.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" x86_64||Jan 28 2022||6.21-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||sislek|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||May 09 2018||3.7-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Fred Ebec|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Sep 20 2017||2.17-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Fred Ebec|
# How to install (Direct download version):
- Download the last version of the game: evochron_legacy10808.exe
- Create a clean Wineprefix (not necessary, but recommended):
env WINEPREFIX="/home/user/Evochron_Legacy" wine wineboot
- Go to your "Downloads" folder (or wherever your install file is)
- Install the game
env WINEPREFIX="/home/user/Evochron_Legacy" wine evochron_legacyb10718.exe
- Then you need to use native d3dx9_35.dll (Bug 43742)
env WINEPREFIX="/home/user/Evochron_Legacy" winetricks d3dx9_35
# How to install (Steam version):
- Install Steam with Wine (follow the instruction from the Steam appdb page)
- Install the game directly in Steam
The X52 saitek joystick don't work out of the box with the game because there is some problem with wine and the game's DirectInput system (Bug 43741).
The workaround is to :
- create an empty text file named "deviceinputold.txt" with you preferred text editor
- put it in in the main game folder (where the "EvochronLegacy.exe" file is):
The game will then use an older input system, allowing the joystick to work.