New patch with Ashes of Malmouth expansion
Loading a character and playing in the new areas.
What does not
Characters can be invisible. CheckFloatConstants set to "enabled" still works.
See Notes and How-to
What was not tested
I used the same setup as the base game, 64-bit WINEPREFIX.
|Slackware64 14.2 multilib
|Oct 11 2017
Sometimes wher you launch the game, all characters and some other objects are partially o fully invisible.
There is no permanent solution for this moment (03.04.2017).
But this behavior not hapening every time, so you need to restart game 3-6 times.
Enabling anisotropic-filtering in video settings also helps to incresing chance of successful launch.
Also in my opinion, this problem happening less often with wine-staging, but this need to be proofed.
If u use wine>2.6, setting REG flag
to "enabled" can solve this. For me it bring no changes, but maybe u will be more lucky.
Thx @Fincer for info.
Enabling CSMT in wine-staging incress FPS near 30%.
Also u can try this:
Settings within options.txt:
maxResourceThreads = 16
I did set it to 16 which is the amount of aviable Cores on a R7 1700X, Intel-Users did set this to lower settings then their max. amount of Cores which had something to do with Hyperthreading. Settings this to max. on Intel caused lower performance, i didnt see any performance-differences on my CPU. It significantly improved raising this value is all i recognised, it didnt seem to change performance after a specific point.
Furter Performance-Improvements can be to set your Refresh-Rate to 60Hz with VSync enabled to work as a FPS-Limiter, the CPU is heavily bottlenecking within this game and lowering the CPU-Load via lower Graphic-Settings can help reducing some of the Lag-Spikes. CSMT-Enabled within Wine-Staging gives you a significant performance-boost. With the command cpuset you can improve the performance of the game further by disabling the first cpu-core. cpuset -l 2-15 -p (pid of the game).
Thx @SF for info
In some environments when u launch game throuth steam, it try to install "requested" software (directx, vcredist etc) each time.
For solving this:
1. Open your wine prefix
2. Navigate to 'drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Grim Dawn/_CommonRedist'
3. This folder contains subfolders like 'DotNet', 'DirectX', etc. Open every folder and find file 'installscript.vdf'
4. Rename or delete this file.