The release version.
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||2.0|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
* Installation in clean wine environment
* Running the game in fullscreen and window (toggle by F4)
* Changing the game resolution inside game menu (640x480 .. 1280x1024)
* Singleplayer and Multiplayer (Direct connect, serial @ 38400bps)
* Map editor (create and play your custom)
What does not
Sound & Speech/SFX (needs to be disabled through winecfg, bug #3930)
What was not tested
* All maps. I tested just few turns in first map
* Multiplayer (Network - WinXP no longer support RAW NetBIOS)
You probably find this master piece on the internet under an Abandonware Licence.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Rosa Desktop Fresh R6 (2014.1)||Jan 26 2017||2.0||Yes||Yes||Silver||Giovanni Mariani|
|Show||Rosa Desktop Fresh R6 (2014.1)||Dec 06 2015||1.8-rc3||Yes||Yes||Gold||Giovanni Mariani|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 07 2016||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 12 2011||1.2.2||No, but has workaround||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 27 2010||1.3.5||Yes||No||Garbage||Marek PaÅ›nikowski|
2013-05-03 Admin note: the instructions below are very old and may not apply to current Wine. They are being kept here for the benefit of anyone who may wish to test and/or update them.
Do not use Wine 0.9.30 or 0.9.31, as these do not display the game cursor properly. Newer and earlier versions should be fine.
To get the game working, you must do the following (reported by Damjan Jovanovic)