Version bought on gog.com
Game itself with all functionalities, on a x64 version, installed with gog galaxy.
What does not
Many light effect and texture don't work :
- The ship texture doesn't load making it all black.
- Many object and rock textures in-game don't load : sometimes the textures load only you come really close, sometimes it never loads, making the game very dark and hard to play (obstacle are not visible).
- Many particles effect have trouble, like on some wreckage : small parts and lace-like wall may be invisible / load at the last moment (and collision may occur on a invisible wall)
- The "ancient" (the fire-ball like enemies) are not visible at all (you can still lock on them with the HUD)
Lots of problems appear at low graphics setting in-game, and can be solved with higher graphics. Described problems are the ones that remains with ultra graphic settings.
Visual C++ 2015 is required to run the game. Use winetricks vcrun2015 to install
What was not tested
Advanced game : I went only to sector 2, so I don't know if complex visual effect (black holes, ARC-9000, frigate, drone-carrier shield, ancient depot success) are shown or not.
Installation and game run through GOG Galaxy, GOG Galaxy installation requirements. The installation environment was:
- wine version 2.20-staging
- wine arch 64-bit
$ winetricks -q vcrun2015
- install GOG Galaxy version 1.2.17 (https://cdn.gog.com/open/galaxy/client/setup_galaxy_188.8.131.52.exe)
$ wine .../GalaxyClient.exe
- updates client at launch
- install Everspace through Galaxy client
Used these instructions to install GOG Galaxy : https://appdb.winehq.org/objec...
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela"||Dec 19 2017||2.20-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Sayanel|