Photoshop CC 2018 was released on 18 October 2017. It featured an overhaul to the brush organization system, allowing for more properties (such as color and opacity) to be saved per-brush and for brushes to be categorized in folders and sub-folders. It also added brush stroke smoothing, and over 1000 brushes created by Kyle T. Webster (following Adobe's acquisition of his website, KyleBrush.com
As of now, I didn't test everything but it looks so promising, I think most of the function will work if not all :D.
What does not
Downloading and applying updates, as well as software registration is not possible.
First of all I'm using Playonlinux v4 as it's much easier to maintain different wine version.
Setting up Playonlinux, make sure you have latest winetricks installed in your system.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
6. To create program shortcut from playonlinux from, Configure>Photoshop_CC18>General>Make a new shortcut from this virtual drive, select Photoshop.exe, done.
7. Open the newly created desktop shortcut using any text editor and edit following line after Categories=Graphics;RasterGraphics;
8. Copy the desktop shortcut to ~/.local/share/applications/
9. From Configure wine menu go to graphics tab and deselect Allow the window manager to control the windows check box, otherwise you might face trouble after minimizing and restoring Photoshop window. I think this has to do some thing with KDE window management. Please do let us know if you have other workaround for this issue.
10. After opening Photoshop for the 1st time you might get a dialog saying, could not synchronize the color settings... bla bla bla, to resolve that go to, Edit>Color Settings>Monitor Color>Ok. That should resolve the issue.
Voila! You are running Photoshop CC 2018 in Linux with wine :D
What was not tested
Many things... I mean really, It's a huge program but so far it's working like a charm for my use
I've tested this Program in my Manjaro KDE, but as it's running under Playonlinux via Wine, I think it'll run on other Linux OS as well, but I could be wrong.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 05 2020||5.1-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Matteo Carotta|
|Show||Arch Linux||Jan 27 2020||5.0||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Yegor Ivlev|
|Current||Manjaro Linux||Jan 21 2020||5.0-rc4-staging||No, but has workaround||Yes||Yes||Gold||Some53|
|Show||Manjaro Linux||Aug 05 2019||4.12.1||No, but has workaround||Yes||Yes||Silver||Michael Hale|
|Show||Arch Linux||Jul 08 2019||4.11-staging||No, but has workaround||Yes||Yes||Silver||Logo|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|11846||tablet pressure sensitivity not working in Sai and many other key graphic applications||STAGED||View|
|18517||Tablet pen pressure or eraser (wacom tablet) are not working in Photoshop CS 4/5||STAGED||View|
|45779||Liquify in Photoshop CC > = 2014 doesn't work at all or crashes photoshop||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|47375||Photoshop C 2018 crashes on unimplemented function msvcr120.dll.?_Schedule@_StructuredTaskCollection@details@Concurrency@@QEAAXPEAV_UnrealizedChore@23@@Z||NEW||View|