- Basic gameplay
- Keyboard, mouse controls
- Saving, loading
Overall, things work very well.
What does not
- Audio can crackle if the performance is halting, it would seem to be a WINE specific issue (Pulseaudio?)
- MSAA does not work, instant crash if you try and enable it
- Performance is good but stutters sometimes, so not full performance
- Without CSMT, some textures are missing and flickering
- Importing from the standard save location does not wor
- For MSAA, just don't turn it on. The game looks fine without it.
- Performance, try turning WINEDEBUG off and other things to try and get a bit better performanc
- Enable CSMT
- You need to import from another location: ./drive_c/users/touma/Application Data/Falcom/ed8_2
What was not tested
- I haven't finished this game -- only played 6 hours.
- There are graphical bugs if you are not using Wine Staging
- GPU: Nvidia
- Driver: proprietary
The gist of things are:
- Install Steam on WINE
- Install corefonts, vcrun2008, xact, vcrun2015, amstream, dsound, gdiplus, quartz, xvid, LAV filters for video
- Configure the game, turn MSAA off. Skip videos if you don't have LAV Filters.
- Load the game -- load up your save files and play the game.
I wrote a full guide here: http://vaughanhilts.me/blog/20...