Latest version of Fusion 360 from web installer. Fusion 360 is free to use for Students, Hobbist/Enthusiasts with gains < 100 000$
Haven't tested very much, but it seems that it works.
What does not
-Workspace bar (model bar) stays in top of other windows when you use other applications and appears on any workspace
--> it is even above everything in fusion360. So you may have to move the bar (and the Browser) to access the file-menu. But this is no show-stopper-problem.
As mentioned in the other test, the installer needs to be patched. But I could net get uncompyle6 working on manjaro (tried the AUR-version). It only generated incomplete code.
So I searched for the platform.py and noticed that it is part from python itself and therefore easy to download. (patching still needed)
--> the solution
- based on the script from here https://github.com/siredmar/winepatchfusion360installer/ I just removed the uncomyle-parts and replaced it with a download from github.
(Script is at the end of my post)
1. Use wine staging 4.6 (tested 4.6 from manjaro-repos, didn't work then used wine-staging, also from the repos -> success)
2. Create new 64-bit Prefix (here I use ~/.fusion360Wine)
3. install vcrun2017 and corefonts
WINEPREFIX=~/.fusion360Wine winetricks vcrun2017 corefonts
4. set version to Win7 and set d3d11 to builtin (Yes, this part is different from the previous suggestions. For me 3d11 works great)
WINEPREFIX=~/.fusion360Wine winetricks win7 d3d11=builtin
5. run patch-script (see below for my altered script or us https://github.com/siredmar/winepatchfusion360installer/ if it works for you)
6. cd to the directory the script gives you (e.g. /tmp/fusion360/tmp.HUcdWu6nkr)
7. run the installer
WINEPREFIX=~/.fusion360Wine wine streamer.exe
8. The installer takes some time and for me it never finished.
But I killed it some time after the desktop-links were created. So:
Wait until the desktop-link is created (takes a long time without noticable progrss)
kill installer (if it doesn't close from itself)
9. run: look at the created link the get the correct path:
WINEPREFIX=~/.fusion360Wine /usr/bin/wine C:\\users\\$USER\\Local\ Settings\\Application\ Data\\Autodesk\\webdeploy\\production\\6a0c9611291d45bb9226980209917c3d\\FusionLauncher.exe
10. on the first start I got some errors about internet connection. Just close and start again.
NOTE: On my system it only runs if started with console. Don't know why... But enabling "Run with console" on desktop-file works.
# This script downloads the Fusion360 Installer and patches it to be able to install it with wine
# Armin Schlegel
if [ "$1" ]
mkdir -p $TEMP_PATH | true
TEMP=$(mktemp -d -p $TEMP_PATH)
chmod -R 755 $TEMP
if [ -z "$(which 7z)" ]
echo Cannot find 7z
echo You may install it with:
echo sudo apt install 7z
# downloading and extracting the installer
wget "https://dl.appstreaming.autodesk.com/production/installers/Fusion%20360%20Client%20Downloader.exe" > /dev/null 2>&1
if [ "$2" ]
echo Extracting file Fusion 360 Client Downloader.exe
7z x "Fusion 360 Client Downloader.exe" > /dev/null 2>&1
wget "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python/cpython/master/Lib/platform.py" > /dev/null 2>&1
# patching platform.py
sed -i '/maj, min, build = /c\ maj, min, build = winver[:3]' platform.py
sed -i "/return uname().system/c\ return 'Windows'" platform.py
sed -i "/return uname().release/c\ return '7'" platform.py
sed -i "/return uname().version/c\ return '6.1.7601'" platform.py
if [ "$2" ]
echo Patched lines are:
cat platform.py | grep "maj, min, build ="
cat platform.py | grep "return 'Windows'"
cat platform.py | grep "return '7'"
cat platform.py | grep "return '6.1.7601'"
if [ -z "$2" ]
echo Please run 'wine streamer.exe' from $TEMP
What was not tested
I have not tested very much.
Just creating a new simple object.
As I use a laptop with bumblebee, I also tested it with proprietary Nvidia over bumblebee. Works great.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 23 2020||5.14-staging||Yes||No||No||Garbage||Christian Kraemer|
|Show||Pop!_OS 20.04||May 03 2020||5.7||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Vicente Pinto|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 09 2020||5.5-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Bronze||novenary|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Feb 29 2020||5.2||Yes||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Calvin Hendriks|
|Show||openSUSE Tumbleweed (rolling release)||Sep 02 2019||4.14||No, but has workaround||Yes||Yes||Silver||Peter Stolz|
Wine 3.8 arch x64 (Windows version set in "Windows 7" NOT ANY OTHER)
Microsoft Visual runtimes 2017 (vcrun2017)
Install it with the last winetricks for example.
They have some issues with d3d11, you have two solutions :
* Disable lib d3d11 (go to winecfg > libs > add d3d11 > set "disabled")
In this case, you have little problems in main menu, and "gray" parts in some software area... But fusion runs as he can...
* Install dxvk implementation of d3d11 (need a wine version compiled with vulkan support).
Download the last release of dlls : https://github.com/doitsujin/d...
Extract dlls (for example in : ~/.wine/
(if you have multiple wine versions, add PATH with the good wine into)
To avoid "err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution."
do : apt install libpam-winbind
---------------------------------------------- Lib Gnu TLS errors
* 002b:err:winediag:gnutls_initialize failed to load libgnutls, no support for encryption
* 002b:err:winediag:schan_imp_init Failed to load libgnutls, secure connections will not be available.
* "No network connection"
If you use a recent version of libgnutls (eg. libgnutls30 on ubuntu 16.04), create a copy, for a version 26 :
sudo ln -s libgnutls.so.30 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnutls.so.26
sudo ln -s libgnutls.so.30 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnutls.so.26