Newest Windows version, released Aug 30 2017.
Serum x64 is fully functional running in 64-bit FL Studio. When it comes to sound, everything works as expected. All the tabs work, effects, ADSRs, LFOs, everything. Skins also work.
What does not
- Some GUI elements. The value labels (for example: Attack time in an ADSR, Wavetable name, Patch name) wouldn't show up, though it was still usable - the sound engine worked as expected. This can be fixed (see below).
- The whole GUI may lag behind when dragging the window around.
- Tooltips, which show up when you mouse over something, don't disappear, unless another tooltip appears or you close the window.
- Weird aliasing on graph elements (ADSRs, LFOs, Wavetables, Velocity, Filter, Modulation tab, Wavetable editing, etc.) and "modulation arcs".
- Graph elements sometimes blink (disappear and appear briefly after).
The value labels appeared after installing a native d2d1.dll version 6.2.9200.16492 and overriding it in winecfg, which made Serum much more useful.
What was not tested
The 32-bit version wasn't tested.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Manjaro Linux 17.1.9||May 02 2018||3.6||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Feliks Maak|