Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Abe's peaceful retirement was shattered when visited by a vision from the Three Weirdos. Abe learned the Magog Cartel was mining Necrum, the sacred Mudokon city of the dead, to collect bones to make super-addictive SoulStorm Brew.
After freeing the Mudokon spirits imprisoned in the Mudanchee and Mudomo Vaults, Abe gained scary powers from the Weirdos, including the ability to heal his Mudokon friends of SoulStorm addiction, and the power to turn invisible. Infiltrating the transportation hub of FeeCo Depot, and using explosive farts to survive adventures at the Slig Barracks and Bonewerks, Abe broke into SoulStorm Brewery.
There Abe learned the truth behind the secret ingredient of SoulStorm Brew . . . just before blasting the place to atoms with the combined power of the sobered-up Mudokon he'd rescued. Then Abe joined his brew-addled pals at Alf's Rehab & Tea to take the cure - the journey of a lifetime starts with one step. Or is it twelve?
Game: Graphical Adventure.
Installation: Installs and plays with no problems at all.
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||1.3.30|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
- No issues (suggested DirectX version 6.0 not installed)
- All files installed in their correct places (Startup shortcuts and program files)
Play Disc "Auto.exe" works correctly until pressing play button on game launcher window (in other words = executing "Exoddus.exe").
What does not
Error popup message "Wrong version of Windows - Not supported on Windows NT" appears when trying to open following files:
- Abe's Exoddus.desktop, Faster Abe's Exoddus.desktop, Fastest Abe's Exoddus.desktop
(shortcut files to Exoddus.exe, installed by the setup program)
- Exoddus.exe (the game itself on local hard disk)
Error occurs also when configuring various windows versions (95, 98, ME, XP, Vista, 7) on Wine Settings (winecfg) -> Applications, specified individually for Exoddus.exe. No difference whether:
- Desktop mode enabled/disabled (Error occurs)
- Pixel Shader enabled/disabled (Error occurs)
- Vertex Shader enabled/disabled (Error occurs)
- Audio drivers enabled/disabled (Error occurs)
- Audio acceleration Full/Emulation (Error occurs)
Running application as "root" or another user makes no difference. (Error occurs)
Trying to run application with or without Play Disc makes no difference. (Error occurs)
What was not tested
- Running application on default GNOME environment (used Ubuntu Netbook environment instead)
- Various kernel versions (used 2.6.32-29-generic in lucid)
- Installation of DirectX 6.0, suggested by the setup program
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Oct 16 2011||1.3.30||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 06 2011||1.3.14||Yes||No||Garbage||Pekka Helenius|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 05 2009||1.1.24||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Edward|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 25 2008||1.0.1||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 16 2008||1.1.6||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
When installing the game, please skip the installation of DirectX, since the version included in Wine is working perfectly.
Installing DirectX can cause problems and lead to non-working situations.
Comments for this application have been disabled because there are no maintainers.