- The logo animations.
- Playing the game (after using a fix).
- Saving/loading games.
What does not
- Crash when running the game: UPF on read-access to region 0x00020498 at address 0xca8c51.
- Graphical noise: There appears a noise effect on various elements; loading screen, rear-view mirror, chandelier, walls, text bubbles, etc.
- When run in Wine's full-screen mode, the game window automatically minimizes when the workspace is changed. (Bug #37937).
- To prevent crash, allow access to low memory (as root user):
# sysctl -w vm.mmap_min_addr=0
- To fix the problem of graphical noise, the environment variable MESA_EXTENSION_MAX_YEAR=2003 must be set.
- To prevent the game window from auto-minimizing, run the game in Wine's virtual-desktop mode:
$ wine explorer /desktop=,800x600 singles.exe
Combining the above 2 fixes, the game could be run from the CLI, as:
$ MESA_EXTENSION_MAX_YEAR=2003 wine explorer /desktop=,800x600 singles.exe
What was not tested
- GPU: Intel
- Driver: open source
- After the trial period of 1 hour, the window pops-up. This is blank. It can be fixed by installing Wine Gecko.
- The installer is provided by Trymedia, and may be permanently corrupting the Wine-prefix. Hence, it is recommended to try the game in a separate Wine-prefix.