- starting a game
- playing in windowed mode (galaxy map, managing planets, combat), I was able to complete prolonged 50 star galaxies
- saving/loading games (most of the time)
What does not
- Playing in full-screen mode can result in the game not rendering at all or in messed up scaling, especially after alt-tabbing or switching workspaces
- A few textures do not render properly and instead look like some interlaced mess. Specifically ground mechanical units (tanks, hovertanks, battle mechs) and in space combat the missiles and fighters/bombers.
- The game may crash occasionally, especially after hours of playing, and at one point I had a save file that would always crash when loading. The logs indicate GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY errors. Switching to "simplified graphics" in game settings fixes or alleviates the issue.
- Playing in windowed mode to avoid the issues with full-screen mode.
- Using the "simplified graphics" game setting to avoid GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY crashes.
What was not tested
- Completing a playthrough of the largest galaxy possible.
- Playing all the available races (I only played Orthin and Human so far).
- GPU: Nvidia
- Driver: proprietary
Requires wine 3.4 or later to fix crashing on startup