Version acquired in Good Old Games Online Store. GOG.com
Far CryÂ® 2: Fortune's Edition. Version 188.8.131.52. This game includes the Fortunes Pack DLC that adds three new weapons, two new vehicles and several new multiplayer maps.
- Install from GOG
- Launch the game
- Keyboard input
- Mouse movement
- Navigating in menu
- Changing settings (see workaround)
- Graphics (see workaround)
What does not
- Max out all graphics settings lead to game crash during loading screen.
- Using Anti-aliasing.
- With texture quality above "Medium", everything appear glitched.
Step to follow to avoid crash and play with the best graphics quality possible :
1) Max out graphics all settings (if your computer can follow of course)
2) Disable Anti-aliasing (or the game will crash)
3) Set "Texture quality" to "Medium" (and not above)
What was not tested
- All the game
- Network play
I tried to use dxvk 1.6.1 thinking it will resolve the crash with "High/Ultra" Texture quality, but the result is the same.
Info on my hardware settings :
- AMD Ryzen 3950x + 5700 XT + 128 GB RAM
Info on my drivers version :
- amdgpu 19.1
Info on my software settings :
- mesa 20.0.7
- xfce desktop with compositing enabled
Info specific to WINE :
- 32 bits wine profile
- Window version set to 7
- Clean profile (i use one profile per game)
- No DLL overrides
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Manjaro 20.2.1 Nibia||Mar 06 2021||6.2||Yes||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Jake Adryanski|
|Current||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||May 30 2020||5.9-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Ski-lleR|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic" i386 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 14 2018||3.13||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Fred Schneider|