- Installing the game through Steam (wine) and SteamPlay (Linux)
- Starting the game
- Playing the game. I've just arrived in the future and it's fine.
- Playing the game in a window
- Playing the game in fullscreen
What does not
- Merchant interactions have a high chance to crash the game immediately or a few seconds after starting a merchant interaction.
- Similarly, using techs outside of battle will cause a crash if the user stays too long in the tech menu.
- Swapping out party members in the End of Time (and other forced swap moments) also will cause a crash if it takes the player too long.
- Buy the thing you need and quickly escape the current map. This will trigger a quicksave which is safe to load from even if you crash afterwards. Got a sword like this from Melchior.
Is there supposed to be a FMV intro playing? The game hangs until you press "confirm" twice after launching. This skips the FMV intro.
- Other FMVs like meeting Robo and Ayla have to be skipped with "cancel". Pressing "confirm" did not work.
- When forced to swap out party members (arriving in the End of Time, retrieving the Gate Key with Ayla, reconciling with Frog, etc.), quick actions must be taken in order to avoid a crash.
What was not tested
- Completing the game. Currently I'm on my way to repair the Masamune.
- Extra functionality.
- GPU: AMD
- Driver: open source
Also tested with Proton 3.7-5 Beta. Same results.