"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."
-- Official documentation
It's a .dll extension mod for the original .exe file, to improve compatibility with modern systems: It extends the amount of screen resolutions and it allows you to use widescreen monitors for example. For the full changelist, see the documentation at:
What does not
What was not tested
- To avoid game crash you'll need patched installers from https://bibber.eu/
- override the d3d8.dll to native so GenTool works.
- "renderer" must be set to"gl". either using winetricks or setting manually at
- you can run the game in windowed mode by adding the "-win" to the launch argument.
- on a Mac keyboard which doesn't have the "insert" key you can use an app like Karabiner-Elements to change any key to it.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||macOS 10.14 "Mojave"||Mar 26 2021||6.0||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Amr AlSamahy|
|Show||Fedora 33 x86_64||Jan 06 2021||6.0-rc5-staging||N/A||No||No||Garbage||Eonfge|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 22 2018||3.0.3||Yes||Yes||No||Bronze||Eonfge|