popular railway simulator.
- Installable from the original CDs, including the copy protection handling (no crack needed for the game installed from original CDs) and CD change too (however, at UHU 2.1, you have to follow the regular OS ways to change disk, e.g. umount and eject with nautilus in an other window, because in other case the CD descriptor may be lost, causing the impossibility to continue install from the second CD)
- With the solution cited by Efraim Karsh (see at the bottom of the pages), the disapperaed fonts error were solved, the game itself works correctly.
- Driver option works well, including AI drivers (giving tasks to the "loco drivers"), sounds, animations, loading/unloading, etc.
- Surveyor option works well, you can make a full landscape with all objects, terrains, snowing, etc. whatever you want and can do.
- Railyard works well (animation, sound description, etc.)
- Speed is not so much lower than under real windows (AMD 850 MHz, NVidia Geforce2 MX 400)
- Textures looks like the same that I saw before under real Windows (W2kSP4).
What does not
- The ugly intro video is not played (I don't mind it!)
- The trainz:// web protocol for direct KUID downloads (custom objects) is not set, cannot be used directly, just via FTP channel from PlanetAuran (treatable, and does not affects the playing feeling).
What was not tested
- Content manager (i.e. adding custom objects)
The tested version were an original TRS 2004 Deluxe edition (Trainz 2.2) With the small regedit workaround, game reaches at least the gold state (only the intro video does not work)
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela" x86-64||Feb 14 2016||1.8.1||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 13 2010||1.3.0||N/A||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 5.x "Lenny" x86_64||Oct 23 2009||1.1.31||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Current||UHU-Linux 2.1 (Bumm)||Oct 27 2008||1.0.1||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 04 2008||1.1.5||No||Not installable||Garbage||Richard|