Latest stable version to date, running on Archlinux with wine-staging.
All modelling and animation functions.
Gpu rendering with Nvidia drivers using wine-staging
Smart Content. But you have to install postgresql 9.4 from aur and configure it accordingly
What does not
D-force simulation doesn't work because it appears that the wine opencl wrapper only supports opencl 1.0, and Daz Studio requires at least 1.2.
Some scripts like Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 animation conversion appear to use some kind of windows scripting and don't work. Haven't tested them horoughly.
What was not tested
Some obscure scripts and plugins.
Some instructions to make smart content work on archlinux. Credits to Daz Forums, user Chanteur-de-Vent.
- Download DIM (Daz install manager) from DAZ site
- Create a 64 bit wine bottle (standard) and execute
- Go through installer, uncheck last checkmark (the one of run DIM after install)
- Create automatic launcher (right-click on desktop, create launcher, type DAZ Install Manager it will show up)
- Install samba, smb4k and python-ntlm-auth packages
- Run DIM through launcher
- Click on Account and fill in Name and E-mail
- Log in
- Install DAZ Studio and GOZ
- Installer will create an automatic shortcut on desktop for DAZ
- Set the proper folders for DIM:
/run/media/..../Users/Public/Documents/ and then proper Downloads
folders and Manifest folders (if you use Windows drive and have a dual
boot with shared folders)
- Leave the Software paths intact
- Restart DIM - should show all the content as properly installed now
- Download the postgresql-9.4 9.4.19-1 snapshot from AUR website: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/postgresql-9.4/
- Unzip the archive
- cd to the unzipped folder
- Run in terminal: makepkg
- Run in terminal: sudo pacman -U postgresql-9.4-9.4.19-1-x86_64.pkg.tar
- Run in terminal:
sudo su postgres -l # or sudo -u postgres -i
initdb --locale $LANG -E UTF8 -D '/var/lib/postgres/data/'
sudo systemctl enable --now postgresql.service
-Run in terminal:
sudo -u postgres psql
CREATE ROLE dzcms LOGIN
SUPERUSER INHERIT CREATEDB CREATEROLE REPLICATION;
CREATE DATABASE "Content"
WITH OWNER = dzcms
ENCODING = 'UTF8'
TABLESPACE = pg_default
CONNECTION LIMIT = -1;
CREATE EXTENSION citext
ALTER ROLE dzcms
SET search_path = dzcontent, public;
Just run the first line, put in password, then copy lines one by one
- Edit the file
Data/DAZ 3D/cms/cmscfg.json with the following contents:
"Port" : 5432,
"ConnectionURI" : "postgresql://dzcms@localhost:5432/Content"
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||Jan 03 2019||4.0-rc3-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Alcarinque|