Installation with workarounds
All major functions including registration, web connect / downloading of transactions, and even program updates
What does not
Installation requires workarounds
- Create new wine prefix and install dotnet461 via winetricks
- WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine.quicken winetricks -q dotnet461
- Change Direct Draw Renderer to GDI
- WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine.quicken winetricks settings ddr=gdi
- Extract Installer to address the failure of the PDF Print Driver
- cd /path/to/installer/file
- 7z x Quicken_Deluxe_2017.exe
- perl -pi.bak -0777e 's/NOT REMOVE="ALL"InstallPDFDriver/NOT_REMOVE="ALL"InstallPDFDriver/' "DISK1/Quicken 2017.msi"
- Run the install using the modified setup program
- WINEPREFIX=~/.wine.quicken wine DISK1/Setup.exe
- At the end of installation, launch Quicken and complete registration and create new file or open existing file
What was not tested
- GPU: Intel
- Driver: open source
Quicken Depends primarily on 3 workarounds:
- Install dotnet 461 using winetricks (will fail if attempted from inside the program installer). Previous version of Wine did not handle a specific call for dotnet 461 that would prevent the application from running. Somewhere between version 3.0.4 and 4.0-rc6 the function was implemented.
- Change the renderer to gdi to avoid screen tearing with opengl
- Modify the MSI package to not install the PDF driver using perl to maintain the file size / checksum.
You may wish to use winetricks to install corefonts or other items to help with readability but it is not required.