patched to 1.23
then patched with BDG 0.85F, which provides TrackIR and a few additional view features
The BDG 0.85 patch is optional - Mig Alley is rated silver without is patch
Patches for Mig Alley, along with the Mig Alley source code, is available at this link at Github
Hot Shot, Quick Missions, Multiplayer
What does not
Campaign and Entire War do not work due to missing menu icons
if 3D screen is blank:
2. exit application
3. in winecfg graphics settings: run in window, 1024x768 resolution
On one laptop tested, clicking the mouse in the 3D view can cause the screen to go blank. In this situation do not mouse click in the 3D view.
if menu is invisible,
delete [wine prefix] drive_c/windows/Fonts/Intel.ttf.
What was not tested
To install mig alley on linux
1. install version 1.1 from CD via wine setup.EXE
2. install MIG123.EXE patch
3. (optional, provides TrackIR) install bdg 0.85F patch
4. delete [wine prefix] drive_c/windows/Fonts/Intel.ttf. This fixes the "invisible menu" bug mentioned by previous reviewers.
5. with winetricks install vcrun6, mfc42, directplay
6. to run without accessing the CD:
6a. edit [wineprefix] drive_c/rowan/mig/roots.dir. Set the paths in line 3 and 13 to c:\rowan\mig
6b. copy the smacker directory from the CD to drive_c/rowan/mig
7. run via wine Mig.exe -NOINTRO
8. (optional) once mig alley is running, choose preferences in the startup screen, then select "don't run startup video"
Tested with Intel i7-3770 PC with GeForce 630 graphics card and nvidia-driver-415 proprietary driver
Also tested with Intel i5-5300U with Intel HD Graphics 5500
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" i386 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 21 2019||4.0||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||John Evans|
|Current||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 16 2019||4.0||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||John Evans|