Current generation build, works with AVISynth+. Available in 32 and 64-bit builds.
One-click encoder, AVS Script Creator, Chapter Creator, DGIndex, FFMSIndex, L-SMASH Index, Muxer, x264, x265, Audio Cutter, VOBSubber, AAC and AC3 audio encoding
What does not
- Loading an AVS preview of a 1080 source may fail to show the source. It may be blank, or show just the time bar and controls. This is a display issue only, and it will still encode fine. If you have this issue and need to preview the script, either temporarily resize to a lower resolution or use an external app like VDub.
- It likes to do strange things with aspect ratio and resizing by default under wine (like defining a 1:77 AR). This behavior can be manually overridden by forcing the settings you need.
What was not tested
XVid, MP2, MP3, FLAC, and Vorbis encoding These most likely work fine, but I just don't use them.
Tested with Gentoo Linux ~amd64, Wine 4.5, MeGUI build 2896 (both 32 and 64-bit builds)
- Create a 64-bit Wine prefix and you can run either the 32 or 64-bit build from there. This is one of those rare instances where a 32-bit app actually runs better in a 64-bit prefix. If you are running 64-bit Linux (and unless you're running a distro from the 90s, you almost certainly are), Wine will create a 64-bit prefix by default.
- Run winecfg and set your version to Windows 2008. Vista or XP may also work, but MeGUI crashes at loading on Windows 7 or newer.
- Use winetricks to install dotnet40 ONLY - other versions may not work at all or may cause strange errors. You may get warnings that dotnet40 does not install or run properly under Wine. Ignore them.
- Use winetricks to install gdiplus.
- Unzip and run MeGUI.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Gentoo Linux||Apr 03 2019||4.5||N/A||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alan Burns|