What does not
Some colors within the pager are displayed incorrectly.
First start by opening your favorite console emulator.
- Step 1: Install winetricks and base windows fonts(All are needed due to the unpredictability of used fonts in BYOND games)
- Step 2: Setup a 32bit prefix where "$HOME/prefix32" in the following command is the new directory of the 32bitprefix 'WINEPREFIX="$HOME/prefix32" WINEARCH=win32 wine wineboot'
- Step 3: Run the following command where "win32" is the prefix you set in step 2 'WINEPREFIX=~/win32 WINEARCH=win32 winetricks'
- Step 4: In the winetricks window click on 'select the default wine prefix' then press ok.
- Step 5: Click 'Install a windows dll or component' and click ok.
- Step 6: Find 'ie8' tick it and click ok.
- Step 7: Close out of winetricks once the install is complete and return to your console.
- Step 8: Issue the following command in the terminal where "wine32" is your chosen prefix in step 2 and byondinstaller.exe is the name of the installer file. 'WINEPREFIX=~/win32 WINEARCH=win32 wine byondinstaller.exe'
- Step 9: Goto the directory of the installation of byond in your wineprefix and goto bin, issue the following command where "win32" is the prefix name 'WINEPREFIX=~/win32 WINEARCH=win32 wine byond.exe' but once it is loaded close the program out completely.
- Step 10: Download internet explore 11 32bit from microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-11-for-windows-7-details.aspx
- Step 11: Issue the following command where win32 is the prefix from step 2 'WINEPREFIX=~/win32 WINEARCH=win32 winecfg'
- Step 12: Set the compatibility version to windows 7, apply and close.
- Step 13: Issue the following command in the console in the directory of the downloaded microsoft file where "win32" is your chosen prefix in step 2 and "IE11installer.exe" is the name of the installer file. 'WINEPREFIX=~/win32 WINEARCH=win32 wine IE11installer.exe'
What was not tested
- GPU: Nvidia
- Driver: proprietary