What does not
1. there is two missions that you need to dance in according to a pointers in the bottom of the screen, but the pointers dont work well and you cannot pass that missions..
2. the sound is not good
3. the pointer in the menus, but you can use the keyboard
4. whan there is a fire or its very hot (in the desert) there is a black boxes flying on the screen
5. some pepole in the game have some glithes
What was not tested
i have to start the game with this commands or it will not work: cd "./.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas/" WINEDEBUG="-all" wine gta_sa.exe (the cd command is importent too!)
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 13 2019||4.0.2||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Franco|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jun 27 2019||4.0.1-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||sbct|
|Show||Manjaro Linux||Apr 02 2019||4.5||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Alexis MonzÃ³n|
|Show||Funtoo Linux AMD64||Jul 11 2017||2.10-staging||Yes||Yes||Gold||Anonymous Anonymous|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 29 2017||2.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||Marco Spampinato|
Some times gta may fail to start even when you haven't touched (modded) anything. In this case delete the file gta_sa.set inside the Documents/GTA San Andreas User Files directory and restart the app. You will have to reset your gta sa settings.
CJ and peds are too dark
If cj isn't light correctly and appears very dark try disabling glsl. You can disable it using the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D\UseGLSL > "disabled" Or use winetricks/playonlinux
If you have problems with slow play, go to your winecfg and disable support for Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader
Controllers & Keyboards
Joysticks and joypads will create a conflict with the keyboard keys making the character (CJ) uncontrollable. Disable all controllers before running the game to avoid this issue.
Load a saved game not work
Try this: winetricks d3dx9
Intro videos not work
In some cases this fix can backfire, doing that your game does not start anymore.Make a backup of your .wine folder or create new wineprefix for test before continuing.
1) Install the ugly plugins for gstreamer (the name of package depends of your distribuition)
2) Install the quartz and devenum: winetricks quartz devenum
3) Install ffdshow: winetricks ffdshow (during installation, check the box of MPEG1 and MPEG2)
4) Test your game.
If you can not start your game, restore the backup or back to original wineprefix. # 9127
If you have issues with fonts, try (type in the terminal): winetricks allfonts
1) Get this archive: http://goo.gl/HRwGV
2) On terminal extract this archive with: tar xfv radio-free-san-andreas-0.2.tar.bz2
3) Go to extracted folder: cd radio-free-san-andreas-0.2
4) Type: ./bootstrap && ./configure
5) If a problem occurs, install the missing libraries and rerun the command ./configure until it runs without errors.
6) Build (type it): make
ÂHow to use
1) Go to src/ folder: cd src/
2) Create the folder where the files will be stored: mkdir ~/gta_sounds
3) Type: ./extract
Do not use quotation marks or abbreviations (~), it will cause errors. If your path contains spaces, use a "\ " for a correct interpretation, for example:
./extract /home/mrk3004/Games/GTA\ San\ Andreas/audio/streams/* /home/mrk3004/gta_sounds ../metadata.conf
The first arguments are the files to extract from. Then comes the base directory to put the output files in, and lastly the file to read metadata from.
audio/streams/* extracts all the musics and sounds. To extract some in specific, follow the table below:
|audio/streams/mh||Radio Los Santos|
Visit www.sa-mp.com to get started.
The application used to get you playing online with hundreds of other players.
View the workaround by Ruslan posted below.