- Singleplayer missions
What does not
There is a lot of trouble with getting the right Full Screen settings.
- .NET 2.0, .NET 4.0, and XNA 4.0 are required. Use winetricks for this
- Original Tiberian Sun is not required, but it does provide a nice workaround
There are two ways to approach this installation:
- Use a prefix provided by CNCnet.
- Make custom prefix and install all required components.
The first option is far easier:
- Use the cncnet .deb or .rpm package (https://cncnet.org/tiberian-su...), and use it to install Tiberian Sun.
- After you've installed Tiberian Sun, go to that prefix (~/.local/share/cncnet) and install all .NET components in there.
- Then, install Twisted Insurrection in this prefix.
Second option implies making your own prefix. The following is confirmed to work:
- make a 32bit Windows XP prefix
- Ensure that cnc95.exe, game.exe, sun.exe, and ts-spawn.exe follow these settings
- set mscoree dll override to native
- Install the .NET components
- Install Twisted Insurrection
Configuration game client after installation
- on your first run you'll likely have to download a few patches
- go to the settings menu and ensure that you use TS-DDRAW and that you turn Black Buffering on
- For fullscreen, ensure that you use a resolution with the same aspect ratios as your monitor. Resolutions larger then 1080p cause issues with UI components.
What was not tested
- GPU: Nvidia
- Driver: proprietary
It can be made to work. But it's no joy to get working.