Full version of Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers (FFXIV 5.0)
- Old launcher
- Patch downloading
- UI backup tool
- Character selection
- General in-game PvE
What does not
- New launcher doesn't (nothing renders)
- Black screen after selecting the datacenter or before character selection appears due to a video not playing correctly
- "Browser" to "1" in "FFXIV_BOOT.cfg" (revert to old launcher)
- "CutsceneMovieOpening" to "1" in "FFXIV.cfg" (workaround blackscreen before character select)
What was not tested
- Intensive PvE
- Any PvP
- Working great on an NVIDIA Optimus laptop with the new PRIME Rendering Offload support
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Gentoo Linux||May 10 2020||5.6-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Brad|
|Show||antiX-19 x64-core "Marielle Franco"||Nov 24 2019||4.20-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||spaceman|
|Current||Fedora 31 x86_64||Nov 20 2019||4.19-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Sean Rhone (Espionage724)|
|Show||Fedora 30 x86_64||Aug 20 2019||4.13-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Sean Rhone (Espionage724)|
The attractive new Launcher does not work, it will not load under Wine.
To use the old launcher.:
Change Browser from 0 to 1
NOTE: Previously it was necessary to change the BrowserType setting, this is untouched now.
If you are having a problem with the launcher reporting you are not licenced to use this platform, the Launcher has mistaken Linux (no license available) for MacOS (seperate license available). There is an option in the winecfg GUI to Hide Wine version...this will make the launcher think you're using Windows.
The opening cut scene still doesn't work, without disabling it you cannot progress to the character selection screen.
Change CutsceneMovieOpening from 0 to 1
It is no longer necessary to use a 32-bit wineprefix or install additional (winetricks) components. Apart from these two text file edits Final Fantasy XIV works out-of-the-box now.