Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is the new, lovingly remastered version of the legendary real-time strategy game inspired by the annals of human history! Relive the most glorious battles of history with all-new graphics, music, sound, and more.
|Version:||Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition|
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||5.7-staging|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
What does not
- Requires some additional configuration, before actually working. Please see the details below.
- Complains about BattleServices.exe not initializing, just ignore it
- Requires the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 runtime installed (do
- Requires the Microsoft Windows version set to Microsoft Windows 10
- Requires a recent DXVK release (tested with DXVK 1.5)
- It shows a vcrun assertion error message. Click on "Ignore" here.
- The "Ignore" button only shows when the correct version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 is installed, otherwise there's no "Ignore" button and the game won't start
What was not tested
It works, but requires some tinkering, but once the game is up and running it'll run pretty smooth and without problems.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Manjaro Linux||Apr 30 2020||5.7-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Vitaliy Yagutkin|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Testing "Bullseye"||Jan 10 2020||5.0-rc4-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||bestie|
|Current||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Dec 22 2019||4.21-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||nva|
|Show||Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 15 2019||4.19-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Georg|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|