Regular physical DVD release
- Everything Else (Including video playback of OMV files, which the program can play by itself)
- Long-term gameplay
What does not
- WMV Playback (tone work's splash screen and Opening Movie). A prompt will show up whether you want to play the video in Windows Media Player mode or MCI mode. Choosing either of them will skip the video or in other cases crashes the game.
The following workaround plays the audio but not the video for me (instead, it shows a black or dark purple-ish screen)
The splash screen works but with no video. The Opening Movie crashes the game.
- install quartz, amstream (idk if it's necessary), and DirectX9 using winetricks
- install LAVFilters (https://github.com/Nevcairiel/...)
- Disable winegstreamer.dll on winecfg (try not disabling it first. If it works for you, bravo! )
- When the video playback prompt shows up, select MCI then click the left button.
If you want to skip WMV playback completely, just install with DirectX9 only. When the video playback prompt shows up, just select MCI then click the right button. If you want to play the files using your favorite media player, you can find it on the "mov" folder.
What was not tested
Tested with Fan Translation Patch. The workarounds mentioned should apply for all Siglus Engine games.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Manjaro Linux 19.0||Feb 16 2020||5.0||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Roddyboii|
|Current||Manjaro Linux 18.1.3||Dec 05 2019||4.21-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Roddyboii|