Newest version available from the Epic Games store
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||5.1|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
- Installing the game
- Launching the game
- Playing tutorial, starting new career
- Playing the game
What does not
- Sometimes game does not launch at all. Getting Epic Games to work on WINE is an own problem altogether.
- Adjusting most graphical options freezes and crashes the game. Killing WINE and restarting the game works to get back and the game remembers any settings the player changed.
- Low framerates (Below 30) cause the controls to start glitching and work with a large delay
- Initially game crashed on map load
To fix game crashing on map load, I have done the following:
- Installed winbind
- Installed mdac28
- Changed the game's renderer to OpenGL
- Skipped game opening videos, as this might sometimes crash the game
What was not tested
Multiplayer hasn't been tested yet, game hasn't been fully completed
Changing the renderer to OpenGL:
Locate My Documents/My Games/Farming Simulator 19/ - by default "My Documents" is at ~/Documents
Open the game.xml file found in this folder using a text editor
It is unclear if this actually works, as the game log still prints
the renderer as being DirectX 11, but I am quite sure this is what
stopped my game from crashing
Skipping the game opening intros:
In the Epic Games Launcher, go to Settings and under Farming Simulator, add the launch option "-reset". This prevents the opening videos from playing and can increase your chance at getting the game to launch.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 13 2020||5.1||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Jarno Kaikkonen|