Old test results
The test results for this version are very old, and as such they may not represent the current state of Wine. Please consider submitting a new test report.
Selected Test Results
- Starting the game.
- Walking around the map.
- Picking up items.
- Planning heists.
- Executing heists.
- Buying/selling items.
- Recruiting accomplices.
What does not
- CD detection may not always work. It never does at first try.
- Audio CD soundtrack does not work.
- Movie playback does not work.
- Enabling mipmapping will cause the game to look hideous.
- If the game is not started in a fresh, clean, vanilla 32-bit Wine 4.21 prefix, the game will most likely experience pathfinding bugs that will make it impossible to progress past 2nd mission and even make it impossible to leave the apartment.
- Installing d9vk will cause the game to not recognize Wine's DirectX version and terminate the game during pre-execution safety checks.
- CD detection can be fixed by manipulating HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/neoSoftware/TheSting!/CDPATH registry value. It needs to point to a directory where Game/Movies path exists and contains the movies.
- Pathfinding bugs can be completely prevented by running the game in a fresh, clean, vanilla 32-bit Wine 4.21 prefix.
What was not tested
- Finding winetricks and USEflags that fix mipmapping, Audio CD playback and movie playback.
- Trying the game with Wine-staging.
- GPU: AMD
- Driver: open source
selected in Test Results table below