- Installing in Korean language(everything below is tested in Korean)
- Showing UI perfectly
- Signing in
- Viewing friends list
- Setting transparency to window
- Contacts were synchronized as well as the chat history.
- Clicking advertising to open web link.
- Sending and receiving messages, emoticons(both animated and unanimated)
- Send photos(images)
- Send photos from the clipboard
- Downloading photos
What does not
- Receiving photos and videos sent by others failed sometimes.("??? ????? ???????." and "?? ????? ???????." are shown)
- Typing Korean characters worked (I'm using the package ibus-hangul), but they show up as squares in the typing-field and are only recognizable in after being sent (or received).
- Notifications do not show preview text but just show "'Alice' is ready"(Alice is the sender's name)
- + Crashes
LANG=ko_kr.utf-8 needs to be added when starting Wine because I choose Korean as language while installing.
What was not tested
- Sending/Receiving emoticons with Sounds
- Voicetalk(Audio calls): Real-time voice chat on KakaoTalk
- Facetalk(video calls): Real-time voice chat w/ camera.
- All IMEs' hangul input
- Installing in English
- GPU: Nvidia
- Driver: open source
- Tested winehq-devel (5.7)
- I have Installed KakaoTalk in Korean because I'm native to Korea.