Guitar Rig 5.2.2 (R8)
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||5.0|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
Guitar Rig seems to work fine most of the time, with multiples effects/presets.
Delay is not much different from Guitarix.
Jack Audio is needed as well.
What does not
There are two issues that can easily be fixed:
1. Missing VS C++ 2013
2. No audio if not using WineASIO
There's one issue that I did not try to fix:
3. If you try to configure ASIO inside Guitar Rig the app crash.
Solutions are quite simple:
1. Install vcrun2013 with winetricks.
2. Install/compile WineASIO for your distro. On Debian/Ubuntu you may use a pre-compiled from https://kx.studio/Repositories....
3. None tried, does not affect usage of app.
What was not tested
I did not test all effects/presets.
As long you install everything needed, it works as expected.
If using the Free version, with not so many effects available, Guitarix is probably a better alternative as it will work out of the box.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 03 2020||5.0||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alexandre Vicenzi|