- New game.
- Be aware that it defaults to the Z: directory, aka your Linux root, so change that first.
- Gameplay (at least the first few minutes).
What does not
- Sound (even with WAVMIX16.DLL and WAVEMIX.INI installed).
- When saving a new file, the game does not properly set the window title and if prompted to save on quit, the game will ask if you want to save ".TDT" instead of the filename, though it does appear to save the changes to the correct file anyway.
- Installer fails to launch, both from CD and when copied to disk. Possibly a CD validation issue.
- Game will silently fail on launch if WAVMIX16.DLL is missing. SIMTOWER.INI appears to be missing and audio can't be disabled in this Wine version afaik.
- Game will throw an error if WAVMIX16.DLL exists but is not in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.
- Game will throw an error if WAVEMIX.INI is not in C:\WINDOWS.
- Dialog menus open behind the game window.
- Pressing the V key during the gameplay, except when a text entry dialog is open or has been opened previously, causes the game to crash with the following error:
- wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to FFFFFFFF at address 00000022 (thread 00b0), starting debugger...
- Installer can be run in a dedicated VM and the program directory can be copied over.
- WAVMIX16.DLL can be found on Windows 95 systems (I could not find it on 98/98SE) and should be copied to the equivalent of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.
- WAVEMIX.INI can be found on Windows 95, 98, or 98SE systems and should be copied to the equivalent of C:\WINDOWS.
What was not tested
- GPU: Nvidia
- Driver: open source
While it has translation errors, I recommend playing Yoot Tower instead, which has no game-breaking issues and will just work without any major workarounds.