- Most importantly, activation works flawlessly.
- All problem generation works flawlessly.
- No problems occur in the assignment preview.
- No problems occur in the generation of any type of problem, including custom problems.
- No problems appear to occur with automatic problem variation (generating multiple versions of one assignment with multiple answer keys).
- All variation options work as expected (scrambling choices, scrambling questions, regenerating questions, and saving each new version).
- Printing options work as expected.
- Printing assignment and answers with answers in context.
- Printing assignment and answers with an answer sheet.
- Printing assignment and answers with an answer sheet, odds only.
- Printing just the assignment.
- Printing just the answers with an answer sheet and/or answer sheet with odds only.
- Most header bar functionality is tested to work:
- File menu
- Saving to their *.ks-ic file format
- Opening their *.ks-ic file format
- Merging multiple *.ks-ic files within the application
- Printing with CUPS bridge
- Printing to PDF files
- Modifying the page setup
- Edit menu
- View menu
- Toggling answers
- Toggling punch holes
- Presentation view
- Enlarged toolbar icons
- Window layout reset
- Modify menu
- Assignment header modifications
- Assignment scale modifications
- First problem number modifications
- Problem regeneration
- Changing all problems to free response
- Changing all problems to multiple choice
- Scrambling questions
- Scrambling all choices
- Print page numbers
- Automatic update checks
- Deactivation reminder at the end of the school year
- Default assignment merge functionality
- Thickness and darkness of lines in diagrams and graphs
- Network proxy setup
- Default Headings
- Default titles 1 and 2
- Name, date, period, extra fields and version number defaults
- Multiple choice
- Number of choice modifications
- Toggling "none of the above" as an option
- Letter choices (preset "ABCDE", or custom format)
- Toggling scrambling changes the answer
- Default Page Settings
- Paper size
- Page orientation
- Units (inches or centimeters)
- Top, bottom, left and right margins
- Question layout: spacious or tight
- Greatest integer: floor, bracket or hollow bracket
- Permutations and combinations: subscript or function notation
- Vectors: bold or arrow notation
- Utilities: graph and graph paper
- Help: documentation, deactivation, feedback, about
What does not
What was not tested
- Kuta Works, an LMS solution for worksheet automation, instant grading and reporting, was not able to be tested at this time.
- It is unclear whether this functionality remains available in Wine.
- GPU: Intel
- Driver: open source
No modifications or workarounds appear to be necessary.
The application is packaged as an MSI file, which required the use of
wine msiexec /i ICA-Single-2.52.00.msi
Originally tested using Wine 5.2 on Ubuntu "Groovy Gorilla" Development branch; the program crashed whenever writing to a file was requested.
Once upgraded to Wine 5.15 Staging, the program was completely stable.