Installation works, weird font appears during this (looks like wingdings)
push to talk works
audio out works
What does not
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||FreeBSD 7.0||Dec 11 2007||0.9.48.||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 7||Jul 12 2007||0.9.39.||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 12 2006||0.9.25.||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 15 2006||0.9.22.||Yes||Yes||Gold||Ashley Davis|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 07 2006||0.9.20.||Yes||Yes||Silver||Intangir|
2013-05-03 Admin note: the instructions below are very old and may not be applicable to current Wine. They are being left here for the benefit of anyone who may wish to test and/or update them.
HOWTO Ventrilo 2.3.x
1. Install Wine 0.9.26 (confirmed)
2. Install Ventrilo Client 2.3.2 Beta 3 or 2.3.0 Stable (both confirmed)
3. Copy the file msgsm32.acm from the system32 directory of an existing Windows installation (XP confirmed), or download it from the net at http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=7019 Place it in your fake windows drive under the ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system directory
4. Edit your ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system.ini file and add the following line under the drivers32 section:
5. Start ventrilo.exe from your fake windows drive and create your user profile.
6. Enter the Setup section of the program and disable all DirectInput options available. Turn on any DirectSound settings to be able to hear multiple voices at once. You may have to set your mixer settings as well if they don't automatically fill in. To enable recording from your microphone, set your Line input in your hardware mixer settings to mic. You can test your mic by pressing the Monitor button. If you choose to use a Push-To-Talk key, you must disable "Use DirectInput to detect Push-To-Talk". This will allow your mouse to work inside the setup dialog again.
7. Go! Go! Go!
- Ventrilo window must be active to talk using Push-To-Talk
- Text-to-Speech does not function (libraries probably just need to be installed, will research)
- aRts and ESD drivers do not function properly
An experimental program has been hacked together by Toni Spets which allows using a Push-To-Talk key from outside the Ventrilo window. Please try it at: http://np1.pp.fi/ventriloctrl/ and give feedback.