* Installation works fine. (Jiggly text on progress bar, though)
* Programs seems to run normally.
* Loading and saving a game works fine, except the progress bar dialog may remain on screen after complete.
What does not
* The example games do not run!
The game will produce an error "Unexpected error occured when running the game."
What was not tested
* Creating a game from scratch.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard"||Jun 24 2010||1.1.44||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 16 2010||1.1.40||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Joey Ferwerda|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 25 2009||1.1.28||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 03 2009||1.1.14||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 01 2009||1.1.14||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
Some older versions of Game Maker are available for download at http://wiki.yoyogames.com/index.php/Old_Game_Maker_Versions
Note that this page may not always be up to date, currently (27/12/2009) version 7 is not available for download here.