Currently at version 3.17.2
Disclaimer: Game not tested in Windows for comparison, but watching many streams I have yet to see any issues I have encountered in PU (beyond those noted) that are not also present for those playing on Windows.
* Persistent Universe: Gameplay works as expected aside from some minor things detailed below.
* Hangars: Everything seems to work - walking around, interacting with hangars and spawning your ships.
* Arena Commander: Successfully tested dogfighting in a Hornet and a customized 315p and everything worked well.
* Star Marine: Successfully played some rounds.
What does not
1. FOIP: Calibration for webcam does not work. A window showing only grey appears, and when closed nothing appears to happen. With FOIP kept enabled and entering Character Customization (where it should show FOIP working) the game crashes.
2. VOIP: Unsuccessful in my attempts at using it, but I can not guarantee there's not something I've missed. After many hours of PU gameplay I have not heard it used by others.
3. Game requires a higher memory map count than most distros have configured by default, so it inevitably crashes after some time / in certain areas.
4. In graphics settings, sharpening appears to have no effect. Graphics detail level also appear to have no effect on visuals or performance, but I'm not sure what is expected there.
5. Game will often not launch when some peripherals are plugged in, such as a gamepad, joystick/HOTAS, etc.
(3) is temporarily fixed (until user logs out) by entering `sudo sh -c 'echo 655300 > /proc/sys/vm/max_map_count'` into the terminal (tested on Kubuntu 18.10).
(5) can be solved by either many reattempts (it will typically launch after some retries) or unplugging the peripheral(s) and replugging them as the game loading gets past the point it would otherwise fail.
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Gentoo Linux||Sep 16 2022||7.17||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alexander Helm|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Sep 12 2022||7.14||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alexander Helm|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Dec 27 2021||6.23||Yes||No||No||Garbage||Myau|
|Show||Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 25 2021||6.0.2||Yes||No||No||Garbage||shenko.org|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jun 19 2021||6.11||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||David Koolhoven|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|32342||Multiple applications and games using 'Webkit' or 'Blink' web browser engine crash on startup ('Arial' and 'Times New Roman' font face name validation)||STAGED||View|
|44985||Many applications using CEFv3 Angle OpenGL ES 2.0 for H/W Accelerated Canvas and WebGL display blank/black windows (disabling or removing 'libglesv2.dll' is a workaround)||NEW||View|
|49990||Multiple applications display empty windows (Minecraft Dungeons Launcher; Riot Client; StarCitizen; QQ Games)||NEW||View|
|50982||Mouse clicks are sometimes offset higher (~20 px) than the mouse cursor in LTSpice, winecfg and explorer||UNCONFIRMED||View|