Fedora Core 4 (2.6.15-1.1831_FC4), gcc 4.0.2, x.org (nVidia)
compiled wine 0.9.5 from source.
1. installation using uoml_setup.exe (EA provides).
2. auto patch upto most recent patch.
3. game play is possible
What does not
1. wine 0.9.7 (compiled from source) crashes during installation (using uoml_setup.exe)
2. wine 0.9.7, 0.9.5 RPM (for Fedora Core 4) crashes during installation (using uoml_setup.exe)
3. wine 0.9.5 compiled from source have a bug(?) :
the [Ultima Online is loading] message box at the center of screen remains until UO closed. (on top of all other window)
What was not tested
3rd party tools
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Fedora 22 x86_64||May 24 2015||1.7.43||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Andrea Siro|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 7.x "Wheezy"||Nov 11 2014||1.7.30||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Andrea Siro|
|Show||Fedora 20 x86_64||Jul 18 2014||1.7.22||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Andrea Siro|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 16 2013||1.5.28||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Andrea Siro|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 7.x "Wheezy"||Sep 25 2011||1.3.29||Yes||Yes||Gold||Andrea Siro|
This bug was fixed in Wine a long time ago.
If you're playing Ultima with an old Wine version and you feel this bug is affecting your gameplay experience, please upgrade to a newer version of Wine (wine-1.3.28 being the best until now).