All releases of the 21.x series. Specify exact version when submitting test reports.
Installation (Only the off-line installer works)
Starting (Not out of the box)
PCB 3D View
Licensing (Login with an Altium account and activate)
What does not
1. The online installer does not work, it prompts "Failed to download EULA" and then exits.
2. AD22 does not work out of the box after [offline] installation, it crashes on startup.
3. AD22 may crash when editing an existing PCB file with routes and netlist, backtrace of the crash suggests that "simbeor_sdk" is causing the problem. Backtrace.
1. Use offline installer (ISO image) instead.
2. The following winetricks fix the problem, please install them in the following order:
dotnet40, dotnet48, mdac28, msxml6
After installation, make sure that your Windows version is set to at least Windows 7.
What was not tested
Private license server
Altium Designer 22.2.1 (Build 43) for x86_64 Windows
wine start /d 'C:\Program Files\Altium\AD22' 'X2.EXE'
The schematic editor is a little bit laggy, while the PCB editor does not have this kind of problem.
When maximized, the titlebar toolbar disappears and is replaced by KDE's system titlebar, the quick access buttons are inaccessible in this case.
Tested on i7-6700, 32G DDR3-1600 RAM, B150 mobo, GTX970 graphics card, running Kubuntu 20.04.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 27 2022||7.2-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Hang Zhou|