As of the time of this Winlink release version, wine-mono has been updated in the official winehq repositories to work with it.
Everything I've tested so far:
- TNC's work (ARDOP, VARA)
- Telnet send/receive works.
- Over-the-air connections have been reported to work.
- CAT/PTT control to radios (over USB from laptop to radio) works.
What does not
1. ARDOP & VARA often have trouble connecting to RMS Express (over local TCP) when they first start up.
2. VARA's CPU gauge doesn't display.
1. Just restart RMS Express until they do connect (this is a bug in wine).
What was not tested
Nothing I can think of.
Wine-mono works well for running RMS Express (dotnet46 should also work, but wine-mono is much easier to install).
These winetricks commands are also needed:
sudo winetricks --self-update winetricks -q win7 sound=alsa # for RMS Express winetricks -q vb6run pdh_nt4 win7 sound=alsa # for VARA HF/FM/Chat
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Debian 10 "Buster" i386||Apr 08 2022||7.6||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Eric|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|50728||% CPU Utilization monitor/gauge/indicator not functioning in VARA.exe (ham radio software)||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|52131||wine-mono + RMS Express: HF Channel Selection Browser crashes||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|52521||RMS Express: Intermittent TCP connections between program components||UNCONFIRMED||View|