All works, but Design&Make was not tested
This includes toggling viewing tool paths on vectors and wireframe or solid viewing.
- Fixed as of wine 8.0, toolpath preview works as it does on Windows and does not appear as a bunch of images layered on top of each other. This led to multiple frozen toolbits left on the preview while the actual one continued with the preview. It also made it hard to view how the model would look during its cut.
What does not
Visual glitches are present here and there. Buttons will sometimes disappear, but hovering over them will make them reappear.
Some icons have a darker outline than they should.
- Scroll once or click and drag in the 3D preview to fix the visual glitch.
- Hover over view orientation buttons to make the missing half reappear.
- 3D view does not cycle the last input. i.e. scroll twice and only one will be applied. Then scroll out twice, the second forward scroll will be applied and the first back scroll will be applied.
- Layers cannot be shown or hidden using the lightbulb. *Workaround*
- Layer colours cannot be changed using the colour picking icon. *Sort of Workaround*
- Layers cannot be shown or hidden using the lightbulb.
Right click the layer and use the menu to show or hide the layer.
- Layer colours cannot be changed using the colour picking icon.
Create the new layer by moving an object to it. NOTE: THIS WORKAROUND CANNOT BE UNDONE UNLESS YOU MOVE ALL ;OF THE COLOURED LAYER'S OBJECT TO ANOTHER THAT IS OF A DIFFERENT COLOUR. THIS IS BECAUSE LAYER COLOUR CAN ONLY BE SET ONCE USING THIS WORKAROUND.
1. Select an object in 2D View
2. Right-click the selected object
3. Choose "Copy to Layer" or "Move to Layer" and select "New Layer..."
4. Choose a colour for the layer using the "Drawing Color" drop down.
5. Create the coloured layer.
What was not tested
Layer Sheets. I've never used them, so I cannot test their functionality.
Added DXVK 2.1 (Seems to work fine without, but I only ran a toolpath preview to test without. Does speed up performance slightly.) and Feral Gamemode (Seems to speed up Toolpath preview a bit, but could be placebo effect. Works fine without it).
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Manjaro Linux||Feb 05 2023||8.0||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Olive|
|Show||Manjaro Linux||Apr 24 2022||7.2||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Olive|