- All functions that do not require Clip Studio Assets Login
- Manual Import/Management of Assets/Materials in Clip Studio
- assets download directly in Clip Studio Paint when dragged onto a canvas from the materials tab
- this also works for new materials provided by Clip Studio such as the 3d panoramas and geometric objects
- Story/Page/Comic management and import/export
- Animation management, timeline and import/export
- Clip Studio 3D Material Modeler material importing
- it is a separate program for importing your own 3D models into Clip Studio Paint materials
- the download for Material Modeler can be found further down on the same download page as Clip Studio Paint
- installation must be in the same wine prefix as Clip Studio Paint
What does not
- Clip Studio launcher Account Login, Material Cloud upload
- will return error that email/password are incorrect (despite being correct)
- basically anything needing 'authorization'
- this includes the colorization API DeepAI paint drop down menu option
- Clip Studio Services Tabs
- will take a full minute to load the page and may cause the launcher to crash or freeze
- Clip Studio launcher Fanzine/EPUB/Kindle Services
- will return error that paint requires update (despite being latest version)
- this does not prevent the creation and export of these products within Clip Studio Paint only the previews and import/export services associated with them in the launcher
- the Kindle option requires the additional program of Kindle Previewer to be installed in the same wine prefix. Has functioned in the past but is not currently.
Cursor blinking/tablet/modifier key issues.
- At the moment there isn't a long term functional workaround
- Annoying as it is, min/maxing the window after using a modifier or shortcut key will allow use of the tablet pen again
- As of wine 7.4 this may also result in being unable to use the drop down menu's post 'refocusing'
- Additional options are using purely the tablet pen as if you are only using a screen and not using keyboard/modifier keys
- Swapping from Xorg to Wayland as a screen compositor helps
- This is a non issue for those using touchscreen only
To fix crashing:
- apply/use concrt140 libraries in winecfg
- install vcrun2019 with winetricks
- install corefonts with winetricks
- clip studio may run fine until you start editing text then freeze up or crash
- attempts to use fonts not install in the wine prefix may also freeze the program
- if winecfg is set to Win10 try switching to 8.1 or 7
IF blackscreen and no canvas displayed: (should not happen)
- apply/use dxvk in winecfg or with winetricks
Issues with tablet pressure
- open CSP > File > Pen Pressure Settings
- if the option is grey/disabled make sure you have an image/canvas open and it should become enabled
If you are having issues downloading assets directly in Clip Studio Pain
- check that wine gecko and wine mono has installed properly
- follow the Wine Wiki Networking instructions: HERE
- ensure you have followed the Wine Wiki instructions for raw socket permissions: HERE
- DO ONLY IF THE PREVIOUS STEP DIDN'T WORK!
What was not tested
- Any function that requires login on Clip Studios services. This includes the asset download and cloud data backup.
- Networking and usage with smartphone, tab-mate, qumarion tools.
- GPU: AMD
- Driver: open source
Still in the process of troubleshooting/fixing the cursor blinking/tablet/modifier key issues and getting account login working.