Release 19, Version 16.2
Almost nothing else
What does not
Well, I was using autocad since a while, without reinstalling it, it was quite ok.
On wine-1.1.11 I got problems with layer dialog, so I tried to reinstall it from scratch, because even going back to 1.1.10 or even further the dialog crashes the application.
Nothing works as before, so :
1) Using dotnet 2.0 it crashes immediately, with or witout native gdiplus
2) Using dotnet 1.1 it crashes without native gdiplus, it starts otherwise.
3) No way to have the register now dialog, even with native shlwapi.
4) When trying to run as demo version skipping the (unavailable) register dialog it crashes immediately.
What was not tested
Well... what to say ? really a big bunch of regressions, IMHO.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Manjaro Linux 17.0.2||Dec 06 2017||2.22||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||kuSwaNtoRo|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 17 2012||1.4-rc2||No||Not installable||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 05 2009||1.1.20||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 02 2009||1.1.11||Yes||No||Garbage||Massimo|
|Show||Fedora 10||Dec 30 2008||1.1.11||Yes||Yes||Silver||NSLW|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|17743||AutoCAD 2008 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2008: Undocked toolbars are displayed incorrectly||NEW||View|
|25120||Microsoft .NET Framework 1.x installer fails with 'CLR error: 80004001' (1.0) or 'Failed to delay load library mscorlib.dll' (1.1) (fusion.CreateApplicationContext is a stub)||NEW||View|
by NSLW on (March 26th 2009)
1. Use recent version of Wine(tested with Wine-1.1.17)
2. Download winetricks by following command
3. Install required components by following command
sh winetricks corefonts gdiplus gecko tahoma
It will take some time because winetricks will download all above components
4. navigate to your AutoCAD 2005 CD and run
1. Uninstall your Wine
2. Install Wine-1.1.5
3. Install required components by following command (yes you have to do it again)
sh winetricks gecko
4. Copy "shlwapi.dll" (size 462.5 KB) to your AutoCAD 2005 main directory
5. run winecfg
6. go to "Libraries" tab
7. type shlwapi.dll in "New override for library:" and press "Add"
8. select "shlwapi" and press edit
9. set "Load Order" to "Native (Windows)"
10. close "Wine configuration" window
11. run AutoCAD 2005 and register it
12. Uninstall Wine-1.1.5
13. Install newest available Wine
You can install and register your AutoCAD 2005 using PlayOnLinux (some kind of gui for Wine). I think it's the easiest method because script will tell you step by step what to do. To do so you'll need:
2. POL Helper plug-in
To install in separate WINEPREFIX just add
before every command you run in terminal.